Benita is passionate in diversity and inclusion, having coached differently-abled individuals at Outward Bound Hong Kong, curated the city’s first award-winning LGBT+ in the City tour, organized HK’s first Green Women Festival, a mentor for RESOLVE Foundation, to name just a few.
Benita founded Encompass HK in 2018 to realize her vocation for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through education and consultancy
Benita’s other community commitments include serving as a Board Member of AIDS Concern Hong Kong, Education Director of Pink Alliance, Mentor for HKUST HeadStart Fellows and Admission Interviewer for Li Po Chun United World College.Benita also occasionally writes articles and poems on diversity and human rights as part of her advocacy work. A recent piece on Hong Kong’s lesbian scene is published in NuVoices.
Here are some of her interviews, talks, and podcasts on diversity and inclusion.
- Behind Closed doors with LGBT+ (Transformative Purpose, December 2021)
- Driving Equality……… with Benita Chick (A Dog called Diversity, October 2021)
- Inclusive and Friendly workplace (Switched On Asia, June 2021)
- The Coolest Chick (Hong Kong Confidential, April, 2021)
- Dive inside to find yourself (TEDxCUHK, April 2019)
- Hong Kong debates LGBT discrimination law (China Daily, October 2016)
Here is some local and international media coverage on her award-winning LGBT in the City walking tour.
- Hotel Icon – Asia’s most LGBTQ+ friendly hotel (Dancing with Her, October 2018)
- The story behind the LGBT in the City tour in Hong Kong (RTHK, October 2018)
- Blind walks, gay bars and haunted houses: the rise of alternative Hong Kong tours (South China Morning post, August 2017)
- Hong Kong vanaf de zijlijn (Vrij Nederland, April 2017)
- Stance of LGBT issues of Hong Kong’s Chief Executive candidates (Stand New, March 2017)
- 街知巷聞﹕看不見的城市角落 看不見的LGBT (Mingpoa, December 2016)
- LGBT in the City: A new walking tour exploring Hong Kong’s diverse gay scene (Time Out, July 2016)
- Take a stroll through Hong Kong’s queer history and culture with the city’s first LGBT+ walking tour (Coconuts, July 2016)
- 隨LGBT Tour遊中上環 發掘同志桑拿與酒吧的前世今生 (HK01, June 2016)