Benita is as an award-winning LGBT Walking Tour Tour Guide and gives various talks and workshops on gender equality, gender diversity, feminism and D&I, etc. She was featured in a NHK World “Direct Talk” interview (October 2017) , China’s Daily interview (October 2016) and BBC News (April 2018) for her diversity and inclusion work. Benita also occasionally writes articles and poems on diversity and human rights as part of her advocacy work. A recent piece on Hong Kong’s lesbian scene is published in NuVoices.
Here is some local and international media coverage on her diversity and inclusion work, and her award-winning LGBT walking tour.
- Blind walks, gay bars and haunted houses: the rise of alternative Hong Kong tours (South China Morning post, August 2017)
- Hong Kong vanaf de zijlijn (Vrij Nederland, April 2017)
- Stance of LGBT issues of Hong Kong’s Chief Executive candidates (Stand New, March 2017)
- 街知巷聞﹕看不見的城市角落 看不見的LGBT (Mingpoa, December 2016)
- LGBT in the City: A new walking tour exploring Hong Kong’s diverse gay scene (Time Out, July 2016)
- Take a stroll through Hong Kong’s queer history and culture with the city’s first LGBT+ walking tour (Coconuts, July 2016)
- 隨LGBT Tour遊中上環 發掘同志桑拿與酒吧的前世今生 (HK01, June 2016)